Willing Hands Needlework Design

"She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands"
Proverbs 31:13

Welcome to my blog! I created this blog to keep you updated on my teaching schedule, designs, new designs, kit availability,
works in progress and other stitching related activities. From time to time I'll also be adding extra info about goings-on in my life.

To see my current teaching schedule, teaching pieces and retired designs, click on "older posts" at the bottom of each page.

Thank you for visiting!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another toy!


Even though I swore that the jack in the box was the last toy I would design for the Toy Chest Etui, here's another one. The idea came from Diane Dotsko in New Jersey. I stayed with her in her gorgeous home when I taught for the Samplermakers last month. As frequently happens during Toy Chest classes, a discussion began on possible new toys. Almost always I think about the ideas but don't pursue them. Diane's was so good that I had to run with it, especially since I have horses and have loved them since childhood. This toy is a hobby horse. The pole is an awl and the horse head is a protective cover for the pointed tip of the awl. If I can work out the logistics, eventually this will be a kit available to anyone who has taken the Toy Chest Etui workshop.

By the way, the idea for the jack in the box pictured below under "New Designs" came from my dear friend Marianne Adler of Seattle.

9 comments:

  1. OMG!! It's wonderful!!!! Put me on the list for one when it's ready! (Don't worry, I'll remind you. lol!) Will the kit include the awl??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed, you'll need to bring plenty of those to England next January, as I am sure that those of us taking the class will want the hobby horse awl to add to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! Diane's suggestion was brilliantly interpretated in this lovely piece! I had such a great time at this class - can't wait to get my hands on this addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm working on getting the awls now. I've found one which is reasonably priced and am waiting to hear if I can get them by the dozens. I've already been in contact with Linda about bringing them to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent - I shall look forward to that - and any other toys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! And I am thrilled that you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you figure out the logistics. This would make sure a wonderful addition to my Toy Box!

    ReplyDelete