Willing Hands Needlework Design

"She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands"
Proverbs 31:13

Welcome to my blog! I created this blog to keep you updated on my teaching schedule, designs, new designs, kit availability,
works in progress and other stitching related activities. From time to time I'll also be adding extra info about goings-on in my life.

To see my current teaching schedule, teaching pieces and retired designs, click on "older posts" at the bottom of each page.

Thank you for visiting!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Header

If you've been to this blog before, you'll notice that I've changed the header photograph. The new photo is of a stitched version of my business logo. The name of the business, Willing Hands, comes from the Bible and is found at Psalms 31:13. It is part of the psalm about the virtuous woman and reads, "She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands".

The logo incorporates the wool ( sheep ), the flax ( blue flowering plants ) and the willing hands, in the lower area. Between the hands is a woven cross stitch which I like to call a Celtic cross stitch because it reminds me of a simple Celtic knot. I use the woven cross stitch frequently in my designs, usually as an edging stitch worked in pearl cotton.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new header! I think it is a wonderful way to put an image to the works with willing hands quote.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete