Willing Hands Needlework Design

"She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands"
Proverbs 31:13

Welcome to my blog! I created this blog to keep you updated on my teaching schedule, designs, new designs, kit availability,
works in progress and other stitching related activities. From time to time I'll also be adding extra info about goings-on in my life.

To see my current teaching schedule, teaching pieces and retired designs, click on "older posts" at the bottom of each page.

Thank you for visiting!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Trip to England and Wales

On Christmas Day 2010, my husband and I flew to England for a 30th wedding anniversary trip which also included a weekend of teaching for me. We spent the first week driving ( OMG! ) around southern England and Wales visiting friends, seeing the historic ships in Portsmouth and exploring sights having to do with the Arthurian legends which I have loved and read about for most of my life. The photo of me above was taken at the ruins of Tintagel Castle on the northern coast of Cornwall. Legend has it that Tintagel is the birthplace of King Arthur. The castle is on a small island which is connected to the mainland by a rock causeway. That's the Atlantic Ocean in the background. Standing on that cliff in the sunny cold of a December day was a lifelong dream come true!
The second weekend in January I taught my Toy Chest Etui for the Sampler Guild of the UK. The photo above is of our classroom - in an 18th century converted barn in Maidenhead, England! Both the classroom and the group of ladies who attended the workshop were lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment