Willing Hands Needlework Design

"She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands"
Proverbs 31:13

Welcome to my blog! I created this blog to keep you updated on my teaching schedule, designs, new designs, kit availability,
works in progress and other stitching related activities. From time to time I'll also be adding extra info about goings-on in my life.

To see my current teaching schedule, teaching pieces and retired designs, click on "older posts" at the bottom of each page.

Thank you for visiting!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stumpwork Ornament


It has been a long time since I designed anything in Stumpwork, but the opportunity to teach a short beginner's level class for my EGA chapter got me back into it. This is a 3 inch in diameter flat disc ornament worked in Gloriana silk flosses and pearl cotton on silk Dupioni fabric. The raspberry is padded with felt and has woven bar sepals. The web is worked in a very fine silver metallic thread. The stitches used in this design are chain, closed fly, French knot, buttonhole, satin, straight, herringbone and lazy daisy.

2 comments: